Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Non-Denominational Winter Holiday.


Top Ten Lists Of 2008:

I debated on how to compile this list for quite sometime; whether it would only be releases that came out in 2008 or if they would be albums that I discovered in 2008, or if I should choose the albums based upon the bands that put them out (if I thought the band deserved recognition more than the album) or if I should include bands I would otherwise detest but had put out a stellar album (I can think of a few of those). However, I finally settled on the idea of multiple lists so that I could include everything I wanted to without any squabbling about it – because God knows I have so many readers. Anyway.
Here are the lists; if you don’t agree, start you own blog and post about it.

Top Ten Bands Of 2008/To Watch In 2009
01. City and Colour
02. Fucked Up
03. Bon Iver
04. William Elliott Whitmore
05. Kings Of Leon
06. Lydia
07. Fleet Foxes
08. Have Heart
09. Crime In Stereo
10. The Kooks

Top Ten Singles:
01. “Viva La Vida” - Coldplay
02. “Electric Feel” – MGMT
03. “Why Do You Let Me Stay Here” – She & Him
04. “Sex On Fire” – Kings Of Leon
05. “Whatever You Like” – T.I.
06. “I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You” – The Black Kids
07. “Always Where I Need To Be” – The Kooks
08. “I Don’t Care” – Fall Out Boy
09. “American Boy” – Estelle feat. Kanye West
10. “Poppin’ Champagne” – All Time Low

Top Ten Albums:
01. Bring Me Your Love – City and Colour
02. April – Sun Kil Moon
03. Alopecia – Why?
04. Folie à Deux – Fall Out Boy
05. The Chemistry Of Common Life – Fucked Up
06. Only By The Night – Kings Of Leon
07. Songs To Scream At The Sun – Have Heart
08. Agony & Irony – Alkaline Trio
09. In The Ever – Mason Jennings
10. Sometimes Things Just Disappear – Polar Bear Club

No comments: